Monarch ER Butterfly Cage- mini monarch hospital 🤒 8"x8"x8"Regular price Sale price
Monarch Emergency Room for birthing butterflies and nursing sick caterpillars! 🤒
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch caterpillars, chrysalides or butterflies
- 8" x 8" cube is our mini monarch hospital for fallen chrysalides or sick caterpillars that need to be separated to prevent spreading disease
this cage size is too small to fit accessories and won't fit floral tubes, racks, or the poo poo platter.
- Fine mesh keeps baby 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Handles for easy portability
- NO PVC Window allows butterflies emerging from chrysalides to easily climb up cage to dry their wings
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
I’m very happy with my purchase!
I just love it…. It’s supposed to be an ER hospital for caterpillars or butterflies. I use it to put my butterfly in before releasing it….I like how cute and small it is and you can fold it to flatten it. I thought the price was very reasonable. I want to buy another one!
These cages are great to have on hand “just in case.”. I ordered 2 this season hoping not to need them. I used one for its intended purposes, isolating a chrysalis that showed signs of tachnid fly parasitization, and lent the other to a neighbor to isolate her odd looking chrysalids. The cages are easy to use and easy to disinfect after use. I’ve also used one for for eggs on single leaf cuttings in floral tubes, using very small heavy jars as tube holders.
Perfect size for rearing the tini cats until they can be moved to the larger sized cages. Also perfect for separating the sick cats.
. . . great for small caterpillars or a single large one. I use these for the 2-3 instars, and they are easy to clean, don't take up a lot of space. Perfect!