Monarch TOWER Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage- Raise Monarchs on Milkweed Plants 24"x24"x36"H
- Shipping & Returns
Raise Up to 30 Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in this large mesh pop-up cage (24" by 24" by 36"H) designed to hold large stem cuttings or milkweed plants:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- NEW Zipper Protectors- avoid zipping accidents with caterpillars on cage wall zipper track
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- side-opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Can hold milkweed plants up to 3 feet tall
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25 (order before 1pm ET for same day shipping)
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- International weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
We had been raising butterflies for 5 years now and always had a small makeshift cage for them made from window screen and an old tote with milkweed laying on the floor of it. It was a mess! Till we bought this butterfly cage and floral tubes to hold the milkweed. We have raised 60 so far this season and have about 45 more to go. This cage and the floral tubes make it easy to keep things clean and organized to raise this many butterflies. We couldn't be happier with the supplies, the price, and how fast the shipping was. Thank you for the resources and all the articles to help make raising butterflies a breeze! Can't wait to buy more things for next year.
My only comment is I would prefer a zipper enclosure that allows the entire flap opening to be completely removed. Sometimes I like to suspend the cage over a portion of my spicebushes outside so a eider opening us optimal. This protects the caterpillars from the usual predators while allowing for a natural environment.
The mesh habitat is matchless in our continuing nurturing of Monarch eggs and caterpillars. The red wasps are foraging on the eggs and the lizards devour the caterpillars. The mesh habitat increases the survival and fly-away rate of our protected Monarchs.
I love the new design on the towers. It has been awhile since my last order for a cage, I was pleasantly surprised when the new ones arrived. I love the new way the zipper is covered so the cats won't make their chrysalis on it. Also the mesh seems sturdier than the last cages I bought. Thanks for the upgrade!
I love it. I like to have the 2 zippers. I recommended it highly.