1 Short Peg Rack + 8pk Fat Cat Floral Tubes 🌿🐛
Super-Sized 50 ml Large Floral Tubes that fit securely in our new short Peg Rack Holders to keep cuttings upright and secure for your munching monarch caterpillars 😊
- 8 pack of large floral water tubes + 1 short peg rack
- Short pegs so your caterpillars can't form a chrysalis on the rack ...caterpillars will crawl off to form chrysalis on cage roof.
- 9" by 4" racks with 40 slots to space out 8 tubes over each rack
- fit 2 racks in baby cube or tall baby cages
- fit 4 racks in big cube or monarch tower
- 48 ml capacity- our largest floral tubes for less refilling
- Saves Milkweed...and ⌚️
- New and Improved flat lids on floral tubes
- Lids also easier to remove
- Use for milkweed stem or leaf cuttings (or other host + nectar plants)
- Easy to clean & Reusable
- Floral Tube racks are the most secure way to elevate tubes, space out caterpillars, and keep them from crawling around in 💩
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
- US Priority Shipping 2-6 business days- $7.95
- We Pay US Priority Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Shippable Raising Cages, Supplies, and raising supply accessories (ebooks or egift cards not included in total)
- No Canada or International Shipping at this time
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
I bought this after doing leaf feedings and keeping plants in jars. I have access to my own milkweed patch and wanted to better utilize the plants. This set up of tubes and a rack was perfect! The kit comes with two racks and multiple tubes. This enables me to set up one rack in the cage and have a back up. When it's time to get more plants I can set up the back up rack and tubes outside the cage and swap when ready with little disturbance to the cats. This also enables me to remove just one tube for another full plant when needed, or if I need to add more water (which happens only rarely!). If I have lots of hungry cats I can put both racks in and alter the configuration of the plants accordingly. I have never had cause to use all tubes at once - but I appreciate that I always have back up tubes when needed! I have never had a cat climb down the tubes - not sure if this is a texture issue, or what, but my cats now seem to only J on the leaves (my previous set up had them going to the top of the cage). Great set and I'm looking forward to using long into the future! (Picture of four 5th instars making quick work of several plants!)
I ordered two of these and one came with a few pegs broken and a vial that had been crushed via transit. I notified the company and a real person responded right away and offered to send a replacement. These large vials and holders have been such a time saver as well! I have used for Eastern Black Swallowtail cats with dill and Queen Anne's Lace, which stays very nice in a vial of water. Also with Monarchs and milkweed. I love the more natural approach of having these in an enclosure out on my deck vs having individual caterpillars in containers inside. You will not regret purchasing these.
So easy to use. Easier to clean, easier to keep cats from j hooking on rack.
The tubes are great for holding milkweed and I find they save a lot of time.
First time using these tubes for milkweed, and really do like them a lot! I've been using plastic water bottles up until now, and taping paper towels around the opening so cats couldn't fall in... What a great upgrade to my method. I have found with longer stalks though, sometimes they do get a little wobbly when trying to take the whole rack in or out of the habitat, so I use a second rack and take out one tube at a time. works great and I can then really clean the original rack before replacing in habitat and putting tubes back one at a time.
This works good for stems although I made a couple of extra slits in the cap to be able to get the stems in it.