FAT CAT 50 ml Floral Tubes- large floral tubes to feed caterpillars 🌿🐛Regular price Sale price
Our biggest floral tubes that hold almost 50 ml of water to keep milkweed cuttings fresh longer.
- 48ml capacity large floral water tubes for less refilling
- Saves Milkweed...and ⌚️
- 8 pack
- Quality Longer Lasting Lids
- Lids also easier to remove
- Use for milkweed stem cuttings, other 🐛host plants, or to hold flower cuttings to feed 🦋
- Easy to clean
- Tubes can be secured upright in traditional white floral tube racks with shelves or our yellow peg racks
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard Shipping (7-10 business days) $15.95-$25
- Canada imports are subject to an additional 5%-13% customs tax + Clearance Entry and Disbursement fees. These are ALL government fees
- We don't ship to other int'l locations at this time
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
Tony, thanks so much for suggesting these tubes for the gigantica milkweed; they work perfectly. I had not purchased any yet because my plants had died back a bit and instead of having the usual very large leaves, I was having to cut the stalk about 4 leaves from the top of each stem and these cuttings were usually 1/2" or large in diameter. But they work, the top are pliable enough that I can get these really large stems into them and so far, none have ripped. I am absolutely going to keep buying these now. Thanks again!
So much easier to maintain milkweed for cats. Have the white racks, and two different yellow ones plus the fat cat tubes. Really a great addition to raising Monarchs!
The FAT CAT Floral Tubes are exactly what I needed for the Common Milkweed leaves. The leaves stayed fresh and gave the Monarchs ample time to eat it all.
I really like the size of these floral tubes. You don't need to refill them as often. I do have one issue with them that I didn't like. I raise a lot of Monarchs, and I get multiple cats on a cutting. When I need to remove the entire cutting but still have a cat on part of a stem, the cap fits so tight that I really have to pull. I've knocked a couple of cats off doing this before I realized this would happen. I ended up cutting the leaves off that had cats on them and replaced the stems. I use the racks, but I also had a cat make a J in it. I waited several days to be sure his chrysalis was hardened, and I carefully removed it. Unfortunately, this chrysalis never eclosed. I ended up wrapping the racks in plastic wrap, but this makes it hard to get out the frass. I'll come up with something else next year to hold the tubes.
<p></p><p>Hi Kathleen, thank you for your review and feedback, for the long peg racks we've used disposable shower caps to prevent this issue:</p>
<p></p><p>Also, you might want to also check out our next gen short peg racks that prevent this issue entirely...they will available again this holiday season 2020:</p>