Floral Tubes with Picks for Milkweed Cuttings
How will floral tubes help make raising monarch caterpillars easier?
- Use them to keep milkweed leaf or narrow/small stem cuttings fresh
- 13ml capacity floral tubes with picks for less refilling
- Improved sturdier lids
- Stick picks in styrofoam, floral foam, cups, etc.
- 12 pack
- Saves milkweed...and time!
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
- US Priority Shipping 2-6 business days- $7.95
- We Pay US Priority Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Shippable Raising Cages, Supplies, and raising supply accessories (ebooks or egift cards not included in total)
- No Canada or International Shipping at this time
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
These work really well for cuttings with narrower stems. The lids fit nicely and are easy to remove for re-filling.
I use them to bring fresh flowers (a single clipping) to put at my mothers grave and I was looking for a larger size. These are perfect and allow me to stick them in the ground. Thanks!
I almost did not order the floral tubes; thought I could use something I already had at home. But, I decided to order the tubes and I'm glad I did; they make it so easy to place milkweed cuttings inside the butterfly screen cage. You can push the tubes into soil (as in the soil of a potted plant), or just prop them up in a small container (like an old coffee cup). Water does not evaporate quickly. I'm hoping that some of these clippings will produce roots while in the floral tube so I can start another milkweed plant once the caterpillars are finished eating.
I really like using the tubes for the milkweed. No need to worry about covering any containers. Floral foam works well to hold them.
We were surprised how long our milkweed clippings stayed fresh in these! In fact, it's been over a week now and we're keeping our fingers crossed it may have taken root inside the tube! That would give us a lot more native milkweed plants which we could really use!!