Monarch ER Butterfly Cage- mini monarch hospital 🤒 8"x8"x8"Regular price
Monarch Emergency Room for birthing butterflies and nursing sick caterpillars! 🤒
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch caterpillars, chrysalides or butterflies
- 8" x 8" cube is our mini monarch hospital for fallen chrysalides or sick caterpillars that need to be separated to prevent spreading disease
- Fine mesh keeps baby 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Handles for easy portability
- NO PVC Window allows butterflies emerging from chrysalides to easily climb up cage to dry their wings
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to increased shipping during the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 business days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
I really like the ER Cube cages for all of the reasons stated in the product ad, but my favorite use is as a Time Out Corner (space) for mischievous instar 5 fatties. While searching for the perfect place to pupate, some of these cuties will poke, prod,and generally harass other cats. When one cat will NOT be redirected to a different area of the cage ceiling I remove it to an ER Cage. I’ve learned that 2 out of 5 (in my experience) will choose the zipper to make its silk button even though it means hanging sideways. Now I put the zipper side down! That eliminates the very awkward situation of a chrysalis on the zipper—a short zipper in a small space! It’s more difficult to move a chrysalis like that than in a regular cage.
We don't use the small cage for wandering 5th star cats, but door down sounds like a good idea for this size cage with no accessories! Thanks for sharing...
Purchased my mini butterfly cage and I can't wait for the upcoming season to use it. It is just what was needed to separate the babies from the adults. I hadn't any idea where to find one of these, but luckily I got two from Monarch Butterfly Life on this site. I'm so grateful & I now know I can find so much more needed items & advice on my Monarch raising. I will be in my third year & am a novice at this, but it is so rewarding & having the right equipment is so very important to me. It makes everything easier. Thank you so much for being there.
With my latest ER purchase, I now have 6 medical and behavioral seclusion rooms for my caterpillar patients. I had a couple cats who needed seclusion to recuperate from tachnid egg surgery, both successful to release; I also had a cat cannibalize 2 roommates, so she (it turned out) was secluded until release, and one cat was charging round and round his feeding tube stand, but not eating, so I secluded him. He made it to J, but did not complete pupation. Thanks to his ER, there were no other such cases. There were even 2 cases of what may have been bird attacks. With a nice quiet private room to rest in, both recovered and completed their life stages with release. Thanks to the ER cages (and even professional surgical instruments), I can take in cats that would certainly have no chance at all at life. The Monarch cages are now collapsed and packed for the season, so the room is a plant nursery, until next August! I love the little ERs, they are life savers.
These are adorable and perfect for so many purposes— travel, ER, etc.! So glad I bought two— more than one is definitely useful! Fast, friendly service and shipping too!
I really like the mini cube that I call the nursery cube. After the eggs hatch and they are moving around I place them in this mini cube. They transition to the bigger cube with more space and fresher milkweed. And if one cat is struggling I can separate this one to put in the mini.