Monarch ER Butterfly Cage- mini monarch hospital 🤒 8"x8"x8"
Monarch Emergency Room for birthing butterflies and nursing sick caterpillars! 🤒
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch caterpillars, chrysalides or butterflies
- 8" x 8" cube is our mini monarch hospital for fallen chrysalides or sick caterpillars that need to be separated to prevent spreading disease
- Fine mesh keeps baby 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Handles for easy portability
- NO PVC Window allows butterflies emerging from chrysalides to easily climb up cage to dry their wings
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
- US Priority Shipping 2-6 business days- $7.95
- We Pay US Priority Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Shippable Raising Cages, Supplies, and raising supply accessories (ebooks or egift cards not included in total)
- No Canada or International Shipping at this time
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
This is a clever mini cage that can be used often and in many ways while raising the Monarchs: separating any cat, J, or chrysalis for observation, illness, injury, or suspicion of problem - thus preventing cross contamination. It’s also great for transport for releasing, Sometimes I have one in my car during the season, incase I come across a Monarch in need while hiking or just being at a park or trail. I purchased one last season and bought two more for this current season 8/9-2020 ! They’re in constant use. 👍🏻🐛🎂🙋🏼♀️‼️
Perfect size, but I use it as a nursery for the eggs and newly hatched to keep them separate from the big cats. A clear pan for the bottom would be great
I really like the mini habitat as it is very versatile. I used it last light to quarantine a caterpillar. I’ve used it for the tiny cats that I felt were ready to go into open air and were in waiting for a larger habitat. The quality of construction is exactly as the larger habitats.
This smaller habitat is great for the babies that I find on the plants outside. I use this for them until they are big enough to fend for themselves. I really like it.
These cages are Great! I use them for transporting a Monarch to work so I can release it later in the day if it's a cool morning. Also have a Monarch that was found on the ground injured (can't fly, missing a leg) living in one, and one whose wings didn't unfurl properly living in another one. My "Pet" Monarchs. These smaller cages are good for so many different uses. GREAT product!