Baby Cube Clear View Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 15"x15"x15"
Raise Up to 15 Monarchs in a mesh pop-up cage that's slightly larger (15" by 15" by 15") than a traditional small cube cage:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Increased height holds larger milkweed cuttings than traditional cubes
- Handles for easy portability
- Side opening door- never interrupt chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube packs + racks to keep milkweed fresh for caterpillars (not included)
- Add Poo Poo Platter for easy cage cleaning and floor stability if carrying (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
- US Priority Shipping 2-6 business days- $7.95
- We Pay US Priority Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Shippable Raising Cages, Supplies, and raising supply accessories (ebooks or egift cards not included in total)
- No Canada or International Shipping at this time
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
I LOVE the small cage I got recently! Already several cats have taken a liking to it and beautiful Monarchs have been released from it. Excellent quality and easy to use.
I like the poo trays very much! No trouble with any cats getting caught and soooo easy to clean. And the fat tube feeder system seems to work great for me especially for the smaller cats to medium size.
This is a great size for Monarch eggs and newly hatched eggs. When I don't have to worry about losing the littler ones, I transfer them to the tall cage. I like the draw bridge; it makes it much easier to access; I can feed and clean without any trouble.
I have 2 now /also 2 plastic poo trays... I do like them... I had been using a large mesh enclosure past 6 yrs ( hamper ) opened from top and sides... these baby cubes of course are easier... my only comment is I keep bumping my forehead on the top of them as they are shorter " this too will pass "
I first bought the Big Cube with the side window. I love the drawbridge design, especially love for bigger plants and I love the window for checking/watching. It's also handy using "With" the Smaller Cube. I will put the Smaller Cube inside the Big Cube when I have Eastern Black Swallowtail chryssalis attached to the sides on the Smaller Cube so that the wasps can't get at the chrysallis. I also bought 2 Smaller Cubes which are a great size for raising Caterpillars inside and for releasing the butterflies. Not real crazy about the poo poo platters. I did have a caterpillar that found it's way underneath and almost got smooshed. Luckily I was home and freed it right away. I also bought the rack and fat floral tubes. I found that the water drys up pretty fast in the fat floral tubes and the rack has to be cleaned often due to poo poo buildup. I guess I like the easier old fashioned way of feeding and cleaning up (vase and paper towels).