Baby Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 15"x15"x15"Regular price
- Shipping & Returns
Raise Up to 15 Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage that's slightly larger (15" by 15" by 15") than a traditional small cube cage:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Increased height holds larger milkweed cuttings than traditional cubes
- Handles for easy portability
- Side opening door- never interrupt chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube packs + racks to keep milkweed fresh for caterpillars (not included)
- Add Poo Poo Platter for easy cage cleaning and floor stability if carrying (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25 (order before 1pm ET for same day shipping)
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- International weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
Fully washed it and ready for spring.
I really like it but I struggled with not having the racks for my tubes. Why aren't you selling also the whole thing as a starting kit? I tried other suggestions bit they did not work well. I ended up putting plants in there with the dirt but all the remaining caterpillars got sick and died. I had 3 with wrinkles wings who could never fly. I read later on on that the potted plants and soil should be watered with water mixed with Hydrogen peroxide. Not sure that was the real problem but I can't eliminate that possibility.
I found a few caterpillars this year and on a whim, decided to try and raise them. I started looking for a butterfly cage. I just wanted something that struck the line between value and quality and because I procrastinated, I needed it relatively quickly. I didn't know what else I needed due to inexperience, but after receiving the butterfly cube I am so glad I decided to purchase this over some random thing off Amazon.
My order arrived in just a few days (with standard shipping, too!) and set up was a breeze. The drawbridge door was so nice to have and it was easy to transport when needed although it should be noted that I only used the cubes after I had chrysalises so I never had anything on the bottom of the cage. For transport, there isn't enough stability on its own to support flower tubes or anything else you might need to keep upright.
The construction seems solid and it was just the right size for my 3 butterflies. The view from all sides being unobstructed was great since I took it to my kids' preschool class and they were able to see no matter where they stood.
I have your tower, but wanted something
smaller, so I opted for the cube. I raised a single monarch in it after having raised 6 others in a box. I would love to know where they all went!