Baby Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 15"x15"x15"
- Shipping & Returns
Raise Up to 15 Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage that's slightly larger (15" by 15" by 15") than a traditional small cube cage:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- NEW Zipper Protectors- avoid zipping accidents with caterpillars on cage wall zipper track
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Increased height holds larger milkweed cuttings than traditional cubes
- Handles for easy portability
- Side opening door- never interrupt chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube packs + racks to keep milkweed fresh for caterpillars (not included)
- Add Poo Poo Platter for easy cage cleaning and floor stability if carrying (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25 (order before 1pm ET for same day shipping)
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- International weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
This was just what I needed to save some cats. I have a covered porch which is where I wanted to keep it but I had to bring it inside as the mesh size allowed tiny ants to get in, ugh
Good construction and zippers work well. For me a smaller mesh size would be better. Hope that will be available in the future.
Hi Fallon, the clear mesh cage is designed for indoor use where there are not potential predator issues....if you want tighter mesh for outdoor use, the window cages are a better option:
Was very happy with my home. Was using a extra one my neighbor wasn't using so decided to buy my own. I will use it next year because it is getting cool here and I don't see anymore caterpillars. They are going to warmer weather.
I recently acquired the Baby Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door, 15x15x15. It already has 5 new occupants. The cage is great - roomy, very lightweight, but sturdy. Looks attractive in our family room. Really enjoying the wide, zipper opening - so much better than my first cage which was a hand-me-down from a friend. My only wish would be to find a cage like this that has a clear plastic top you could take pictures through. Otherwise, it's perfect!
I have been using small containers in the ER cages for my small cats, but since they are no longer being sold I bought one of these in their place. I LOVE it!! I didn't think I would but now I can put 4 of my plastic containers in one cage and carry it around. And I really like the extra protection around the zipper - although 2 small cats managed to get underneath it at the same time and hang on the zipper. Great Product - I may order another.
I wish I had gotten the tubes years ago!