Baby Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 15"x15"x15"Regular price
Raise Up to 15 Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage that's slightly larger (15" by 15" by 15") than a traditional small cube cage:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Increased height holds larger milkweed cuttings than traditional cubes
- Handles for easy portability
- Side opening door- never interrupt chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube packs + racks to keep milkweed fresh for caterpillars (not included)
- Add Poo Poo Platter for easy cage cleaning and floor stability if carrying (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard Shipping (7-10 business days) $15.95-$25
- Canada imports are subject to an additional 5%-13% customs tax + Clearance Entry and Disbursement fees. These are ALL government fees
- We don't ship to other int'l locations at this time
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
I now have 3 Baby Cubes, 1 Nursery cube, and one Tall Cube. The Baby Cube is the perfect manageable size for me. I have chrysalides in one, and feeding cats in another. I will continue to rotate the baby cubes in order to keep feeding cats away from eclosing adults.
My third one! Love it
I do like this size cage and that it is white (my others are a bit smaller and black). The white allows me to see through it much easier than the black cage and the size is perfect for allowing me to easily add milkweed leaves.
One thing that I noticed though is that none of my cats made their chrysalis on the top of the white cage (one on the zipper and all others on the underside of the leaves). I just wonder if anyone else has had this happen. I don't find this a problem, just thought it was curious.
Hi LeeAnn, most of ours go to the top on the clear mesh cages. We always put the green handles over the top of the cage and they often pupate under those looking for a 'safe' place to form the chrysalis...happy raising!
I don’t like this baby cube, because the trap door doesn’t allow the easy insertion of the floral tubes with milkweed in the holder. It shakes everything to fit them in. A SIDE DOOR like with the large cage would be SO much better. The larger cage is great.
Great shop tho — I just think the design could be better.
Hi Ann, the baby cube works great if you use it for leaf cuttings or small stem cuttings. If you want to use taller stem cuttings or potted plants, try the tall baby, big cube, or monarch tower cages. Happy raising, Tony