Monarch TOWER Butterfly Cage w/ Viewing Window- Raise Monarchs on Milkweed Plants 24"x24"x36"HRegular price
- Shipping & Returns
Raise Up to 30 Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in this large mesh pop-up cage (24" by 24" by 36"H) designed to hold large stem cuttings or milkweed plants:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Finest mesh keeps baby 🐛 in and smallest predators 🐜🕷 out
- side-opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Can hold milkweed plants up to 3 feet tall
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Clear PVC Window to observe monarchs while they grow and transform
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25 (order before 1pm ET for same day shipping)
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- International weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
I started this as just a little project with my granddaughter. We put two milkweed pots on the patio. Early in summer we found 4 caterpillars. But early in August we went out to look at the bush, and low and behold there were 30 on the bush. So both the book and the tower became life savers. The ease of use really made a difference as we found all the wasp predators were also present too. I would recommend this tower to anybody just starting or learning how to help monarchs.
This Monarch Tower could not be any easier to use. I set it up with three of the short peg racks and floral tubes filled with milkweed, and the caterpillars love it. I've had up to 30 in it at one time, and it didn't feel overly crowded at all. The mesh top is the preferred location for forming chrysalides, and it's also very easy to use that location to re-hang errant ones that form on milkweed leaves. Cleanup of the bottom is easy, although I recommend setting the tower on a protected surface just in case. The clear window panel is great for getting a look at what's happening inside when you don't want to unzip the front, and the zipper configuration on that front panel is perfectly designed for easy entry and can be zipped up with one hand when your other one is full of caterpillars or butterflies.
Both the monarchs and me love this setup!
Love this product. It housed many monarchs this year. Love the fact I can put a planter inside.
Tony has been a great help.. What an amazing wealth of knowledge & experience he has. Get the book! Very detailed, thorough and organized. All the equipment came quickly and is very user-friendly. It's been a game-changer. I'm still gathering information as my Monarchs are just starting to emerge, but already the survival rate is almost 100% (just like he promised). It took years to get the nerve up to start raising them indoors (because I believe in 'first do no harm' and want to make sure I am helping and not hurting them).. but now that I started, I want to be doing this for the rest of my life. Takes a lot of commitment, but it's so worth it. Thank you Tony!