Monarch TOWER Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage- Raise Monarchs on Milkweed Plants 24"x24"x36"H
Raise Up to 30 Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in this large mesh pop-up cage (24" by 24" by 36"H) designed to hold large stem cuttings or milkweed plants:
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door- flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- NEW Zipper Protectors- avoid zipping accidents with caterpillars on cage wall zipper track
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- side-opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Can hold milkweed plants up to 3 feet tall
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
The enclosure is perfectly suited to breeding butterflies at home. It is easy to use, big enough to hold some plants on which they can lay eggs and to give them room to flutter around and do their courtship dances. It requires no assembly whatsoever and the butterflies are easy to observe. The zipper door opens outwards and is large enough to allow for holding butterflies, cleaning etc. In short, it is absolutely perfect. I’m a Very, very happy customer with lots of butterfly eggs and six beautiful swallowtail butterflies. Thank you.
Great mesh cages. I recommend ordering the poo-poo pad since caterpillars are very messy. The water vials kept our milkweed cuttings fresh so that our caterpillars were munching fresh leaves every day. This was our third year caring for Monarchs and the first year with these cages. This was definitely the best of our three years.
Products arrived promptly. I've been raising Monarchs for over 4 years and the towers have saved many caterpillars from the many lizards in my South Florida garden. I have milkweed plants in pots to easily move them into the tower. I am able to watch the metamorphosis from caterpillar to chrysalis and emerging butterflies.
This was my first time raising monarchs and I started with a screen in top of a storage bin when I found 6 caterpillars. I soon found this mesh cage and it was perfect. Easy to access from the side zip down door and very clear view through the mesh. Great product!
i received it in time for my 18 caterpillars to crysalis. i released 16 and now have several more cats in it for the next go around. very convenient because i can put whole plants in pots in it so the food is fresh for them here in florida.