Big Cube Butterfly Cage w/ Viewing Window 24"x24"x24"Regular price Sale price
- Shipping & Returns
Raise More Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage with 4x more floor/ceiling space (24" by 24" by 24") than a traditional cube cage. Raise Monarchs on large milkweed stem cuttings or small potted plants. 🌿🐛
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Drawbridge Door: flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Finest mesh keeps baby 🐛 in and smallest predators 🐜🕷 out
- Side opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Clear PVC Window to observe monarchs while they grow and transform
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25 (order before 1pm ET for same day shipping)
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- International weight-based Standard or Expedited Shipping (low customs fees included at checkout)
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
Bought 3 of these and they worked perfectly.
I love the size, as you can house lots of cats / chrysalides and you can clean very easily and also remove the butterflies, as they are ready to be released, with out having tight quarters. The viewing window is great, to easily look in and see if anything needs to be done, without having to constantly unzip the habitat opening. I HIGHLY recommend this cube. I have your other sizes as well, but this is my favorite...
Haven't had many caterpillars this summer (7 Black Swallowtail, don't have any milkweed so no Monarchs), but this cage will be wonderful for any future generations of caterpillars; thank you for a quality product!
I transferred four 5th instar Monarch caterpillars to the cage (I had protected newly laid eggs and younger caterpillars with 5 gallon paint strainer bags directly on the A. syriaca plants). The tubes worked really well to keep A. syriaca leaves fresh but young stem cuttings quickly wilted. All caterpillars pupated and eclosed successfully and I released the last one today. The cage was easy to clean (at least for the short period I had the caterpillars in the cage) and large enough for the newly emerged butterflies to 'stretch their wings' and flutter about for a couple of hours. This was my first attempt at raising Monarchs and the cage and tubes/racks made it easy!
Hi Gabriele, thank you for your feedback. If your stem cuttings were wilting, check this out for some helpful tips:
I purchased a book, large cube enclosure, small cube that I use for releasing butterflies, a bootrack/vials for keeping milkweed. These items were worth every penny. Good quality, easy to use, easy to see the cats and keep track of them, easy to clean. This is my first experience raising monarchs, I have successfully released 9 out of the 20 I have so far! I am very happy and would highly recommend monarch butterfly life! Thank you so much for making this easy!