Big Cube Butterfly Cage w/ Viewing Window 24"x24"x24"
Raise More Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage with 4x more floor/ceiling space (24" by 24" by 24") than a traditional cube cage. Raise Monarchs on large milkweed stem cuttings or small potted plants. 🌿🐛
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Drawbridge Door: flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Finest mesh keeps baby 🐛 in and smallest predators 🐜🕷 out
- Side opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Clear PVC Window to observe monarchs while they grow and transform
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
- US Priority Shipping 2-6 business days- $7.95
- We Pay US Priority Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Shippable Raising Cages, Supplies, and raising supply accessories (ebooks or egift cards not included in total)
- No Canada or International Shipping at this time
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
In the garden we were losing all of our Monarch caterpillars. In this tent probably 80 or 90% survive.
Very well made product. I wish camping tents were this well mad.
Wow, this is a big cage. It can hold a lot of hungry cats and several peg stands. If you raise a lot of cats, this is the one to get.
I have raised Monarch butterflies for four years, and I have had great success using the big cube cage. The best feature is the drawbridge door which makes it so easy to add and remove cuttings to feed the cats, the door is out of my way while I clean the cage bottom and I can easily reach in to take my butterflies out to release them. Because it is so roomy, I have no worries about disturbing the chrysalises while still taking care of the caterpillars that are still eating the milkweed cuttings. I highly recommend this cage to successfully raise any variety of butterflies.
This cage is real big and doesn't fit out my sliding glass door. I keep my smaller cats (2 or three of the yellow stands) in this cage. There's plenty of space between them and I like keeping track of them that way (though someone's always going on a walkabout). When they get closer to pupating, i put them in the standard size cage that I can easily take outside to release the butterflies, or let them do their munching on a nice day. The cage is well made and I'm as happy with it as I am with the other products I've purchase, which is - very happy.
I purchased this as an extra cube for storing chrysalids, and it works just as well as the old model, but I like the drawbridge-style door much better. There was a little bit of inconsistent stitching around the zipper that left some tiny gaps, but it doesn't appear to be affecting the performance of the cage. Working great so far!