Big Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 24"x24"x24"Regular price Sale price
Raise More Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage with 4x more floor/ceiling space (24" by 24" by 24") than a traditional cube cage. Raise Monarchs on large milkweed stem cuttings or small potted plants. 🌿🐛
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door: flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Side opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
- US Mainland Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $7.95
- US Mainland RUSH Shipping (2 business days) $25
- US Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, VI, Alaska weight-based Standard Shipping (2-6 business days) $10.95-$25
- Canada weight-based Standard Shipping (7-10 business days) $15.95-$25
- Canada imports are subject to an additional 5%-13% customs tax + Clearance Entry and Disbursement fees. These are ALL government fees
- We don't ship to other int'l locations at this time
- We Pay US Mainland Standard Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Raising Cages, Supplies, and Books
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
I have purchased all sizes and have several "towers" to compare to. This one has the clear mesh which the youth that come to learn "Plight of the Pollinators: Monarch Educ." really like. I have had no problems with zippers (maybe I got a newer version?). Yes, the frame is a little more flimsy, but I secure mine under a table anyway and it's not an issue for me. Be aware though, that the mesh size is larger. Tachnid flies can not get in, but I have tiny milkweed miners that can get in and out. I have to use my old cages to protect my milkweed. I did not read that it should be used indoors for tiny wasps. My bad! Overall good purchase and as always trusted site.
I purchased the big cube thinking it would be easier to raise and release more butterflies, and was pleasantly surprised at how big it was! I've been using jars and plastic tubs so this will be much easier for me to maintain. I also got the tubes with both sizes of lids for my variety of milkweed plants. Everything arrived quickly and in perfect condition and I can't wait to get started!
My caterpillars are safe. My butterflies 🦋 dry and fly. And I get to watch all of it
I've purchased several items from the web site. Quality items. Towers, large baby cubes, floral pics have held up well. I raise Monarchs outdoors on 120 Milkweed and in "former" dining room set up to hold 7 nurseries (cages) so far. Purchased cages from another site but couldn't compare with Monarch Butterfly Life site items. I like the tall towers and the large baby cubes especially as convenient and the Monarchs have room to move as caterpillars or butterflies. The floral pics are idea to hold Milkweed for cats and flower cuttings for overnight butterflies. Thank-you
Happy to be able to protect my caterpillars from wasps in the upcoming season.