Big Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 24"x24"x24"
Raise More Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage with 4x more floor/ceiling space (24" by 24" by 24") than a traditional cube cage. Raise Monarchs on large milkweed stem cuttings or small potted plants. 🌿🐛
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door: flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Side opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
This mesh enclosure is the perfect size for me. I also love the drawbridge style opening.
The cube is easy to fold and unfold, easy to tote, and easy to store.
I just received my Big Cube Cage and can't wait to use it next year. I just began saving Monarchs in September so haven't had a lot of experience. But I am ready for next year!
I’m new to raising Monarchs so have nothing to compare it too. I really like this cage and the 24x24” size. I would like to see another white strap on the opposite bottom corner so I can use to anchor down the cage on my outside patio. I prefer raising them outside except during rain and wind.
The big cube is awesome because it has lost of room for growing cats. The drawbridge door makes for easy cleaning and feeding except when they decide the zipper is a good place to make their J.