Big Cube Clear Mesh Caterpillar Cage w/ Drawbridge Door 24"x24"x24"
Raise More Monarchs through their butterfly life cycle in a mesh pop-up cage with 4x more floor/ceiling space (24" by 24" by 24") than a traditional cube cage. Raise Monarchs on large milkweed stem cuttings or small potted plants. 🌿🐛
- For Indoor Use or Outdoor Area protected from wind/rain/predators
- Clear Mesh- See Caterpillars from all 4 sides of cage with NO Window
- Our window cages (with tightest mesh) recommended for outdoor raising if cage exposed to tiny ants or parasitic wasps...they can enter any cage outdoors when the door is open)
- Drawbridge Door: flap hangs down and won't get in your way when cage cleaning or inserting/removing monarch eggs & caterpillars
- Fine mesh keeps small 🐛 in and small predators 🐜🕷 out
- Side opening door...never disturb chrysalises on the cage roof!
- Green Cage folds flat for easy storage.
- Add Floral Tube Packs + Racks to Keep Milkweed Fresh (not included)
- Check out our Instructions Page for additional cage and accessories info
- All Butterfly Cage/Kit customers receive an invite to our Closed Facebook Group to discuss raising monarchs + post your photos
- Save 15% when you bundle a cage with the How to Raise Monarchs Downloadable Guide (this guide also contains info on finding eggs or purchasing them from vendors, if needed)
Carrier shipping delays may occur due to the covid-19 pandemic, and delivery times can be 7-10 days...we will keep you updated as this changes:
- US Priority Shipping 2-6 business days- $7.95
- We Pay US Priority Shipping when you spend $50.00+ on Shippable Raising Cages, Supplies, and raising supply accessories (ebooks or egift cards not included in total)
- No Canada or International Shipping at this time
- 60 Day No Hassle Returns for Unused Raising Supplies
The big cube is awesome because it has lost of room for growing cats. The drawbridge door makes for easy cleaning and feeding except when they decide the zipper is a good place to make their J.
Adding two big cubes plus tubes etc. has made life so much easier and has increased our capacity to help monarchs and black swallowtails.
Like the size easy to maneuver things in and out but not happy with the zipper. IT does.not zip and unzip smooth at all. Have to be very careful as it catches like some teeth are not straight. No way of opening and closing without shaking the enclosure àlot.
The see-through mesh of the new enclosures is great, and is indeed much more see-through than the previous models, and that part is great. However, I'm disappointed in the construction. The zipper opening makes a rather squared arch, rather than the nice rounded arch of the previous drawbridge model, so you have to be EXTREMELY careful when using it or you jostle the enclosure way too much. Overall, the construction seems less sturdy.
Having used three models of Big Cube now to raise hundreds of butterflies, I recommend the regular (NOT this clear mesh) drawbridge model. I wish the construction on the clear mesh version were as good as that one, because I don't care about having a window and believe the caterpillars would benefit from the extra ventilation.
I raise hundreds of monarchs every year along with other butterflies. This is the best cage, and I prefer not having the window!!